PinkNews livestreamed a debate to YouTube yesterday, where Christie Elan-Cane asked about the various parties committment to providing X-gender passports to non-gendered people (and by extension, nonbinary people).
Short summary of responses:
- Natalie Bennett (Green Party Leader): A motion has passed regarding this, and they see it as an important issue.
- Peter Whittle (UKIP Candidate for Eltham, resp. for Cultural Policy): He didn’t know enough about it to be able to give an answer.
- Dan Foster (LibDem Chief Whip): “A straight yes.”
- Yvette Cooper (Labour Shadow Home Sec.): They’re looking at this as part of a bigger review surrounding trans issues, but are unable to give a direct answer at this time.
- Baroness Tina Stowell (Conservative Peer): This is important and they’ll look at it, but they can’t make any kind of comittment at this time.
Transcript available (by Nat Titman from Practical Androgyny): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1itUyxU6G085mFiwABxXk6OVKm7cjEAwHGbmwAfKTn5c/edit#heading=h.mtth17cd2tee
(Posted by Kat)